Saturday 12 February 2011

Frogs and grasshopper

Again I have stitched one bookmark from the left over fabric and loose end threads. It is a birthday gift for a child who likes to read a lot and is very skillful in it. I didn't find the excat design for the idea I had in my mind so I went through my old collection of the charts and I found the sollution. This bookmark demaned more working hours than the other ones described before but the result is funny and includes a story too.
The bookmark is combination of three different charts (3 separate designs) I downloaded from the free website at Dawn's Cross Stitch already almost 7 years ago! Actually there's the date 14.2.2004 on the print out paper. Unfortunately I can not track anymore the exact site to link it here for you. :(

(Now I have to pick up a knitting project which is going to be warm woollen socks. I will kit them from the loose end thread. I am going to use different colours. I will knit both socks at the same time. I need 2 sets of knitting needles which makes actually 10 knitting needles. It's a good method to knit socks or mittens if you use loose end threads. You see them both getting ready at the same time and can control better how much thread is left and how much more you can use it to make the both socks similar without need to undo it again and again.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...