Sunday 4 February 2024

Northern Lights Puzzle

On Christmas 2022 dear Mr.W gave this for me as a Christmas gift. For a year I have been waiting a spare moment to spend some time with it. Of course it is a beautiful landscape from Lapland, Finland but it has a special meaning to me:

Northern Lights play a special role in my Sámi culture heritage. Actually, Northern Lights are literally called "fires of fox", not "lights of north". In my culture the Northern Lights are born when a fox runs over or by a fell in a winter time when the ground is snowy and frost hard. When the fox runs on, its tail hits the snow cover every now and then. That moment, when the fox tail hits the frozen snow cover, the action rises up sparkles into the air. The sparkles form out the burning fire in the sky. That fire is called "revontulet" (= fires of the fox). The fox lights up the fire because it is getting cold. It is also a sign to us humans, to warn about the decreasing temperature.

I have never done this series puzzle. First I was sure the pieces are made of too weak cardboard. Very soon I noticed that despite the used cardboard material is thin it is very thick and firm. If you are vising Finland and love puzzles, this is a great option for you to bring home as souvenir!

Notice, for the first time I am testing out a puzzle mat I received on Christmas 2022. I will tell you later what I like about it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...