Saturday 30 December 2023

Moon

In December 2023 I encourage you to read a book that tells about Space. For the challenge I chose Taivaanpallo by Olli Jalonen (in Finnish, borrowed by YoungLady). Taivaanpallo means literally "the ball of the sky". This book is not translated into English. It was awarded Finlandia prize on 2018. I must admit I waited too much from it and was quite disappointed to it on the begin. Perhaps I didn't understand the artistic freedom of its literature, especially on the begin. The intentional and purposeful grammar mistakes disturbed me quite a lot especially because they didn't follow exact form and style despite the main character who was telling the story was very exact in all of it he had learnt. But, when I got over that, I was more free to enjoy about the story. It is a story of a boy that ends up from Saint Helena island to London as Edmond Halley's assistant and apprentice. The novel describes the years 1679-1684 in Angus' life. Despite of the difficulties I faced I am going to read the next episode too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...