Monday 11 July 2022

GuestQuilt

I designed and made a quilt of the fabric I received from my mother-in-law. She had started it but had sewn only some of the stripes together. I had no idea about the original plan. Neither seemed she have it anymore because this is over 20 years old project! Well, now it finally is finished but I must admit it needed a bit extra work. 

At the end I decided to make sunlight yellow woolen lining for it. It is for one of our guest beds. I think visitors from south appreciate warm quilt with woolen lining instead of cotton. The room locates in our attic and has window to south. Sounds lovely but in south is the sea Gulf of Bothnia. Freezing winter winds from the ice cover of the sea hit at our house's south wall! Brrrr! That's why there are always enough woolen socks and blankets available for "southern fruits" -as we call them with love and appreciation. We don't want them to get frost bites and rotten!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...