Tuesday 28 March 2017

Working on with loom

 Do you remember how I cut off DogWoolShawl from my loom by the last Christmas? Since that MyLoom have been standing abandoned in MyLibrary.

Now I finally had time to create the new knots and get on it!

I was so happy! This is -again- my own design.

This is how I change the shade. I just make sure old and new shade run for a while (at least 10cm) together; one a bit further than the other so the ending points fade away easier.

Then I cut off the loose ends...

...and then it looks more tidy. The base shade is natural white & our own dog wool yarn (25% arctic dog wool and 75% Finnsheep wool). Brown and yellow shades are also our own dog wool yarn which we dyed years ago at home with cones and tansies.

It is lovely listen to the radio and weave in MyLibrary now when the spring sun is shining and flooding everywhere to reach even the darkest corners of the house.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...