Wednesday 13 April 2011

Treasure hunt


Buying an old house and land has one benefit. You never know what to find from the property. This time I found old potato boxes from a shelter. Little garneder who lives inside of me noticed immediately how great flower boxes these want to be. So I brought them inside. Dried by the iron stove (not too close of course). When they were full dried I took them outside on a sunny spring day and brushed them all over. Now I've been turning the whole place upside down and finally found old cans of paint which have few drops left. Those drops are blue. Later on I will paint the boxes and more later plant some flowers.

Ok, now these old wood boxes begin to look something different. The very first violets of the summer 2011 I have grown from the seeds have blossoms now. I covered the boxes by old plastic bags before shoveling the soil in. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...