Saturday 16 April 2011

Mohair & silk

I have got an invitation to an evening party. It will be after three weeks. I already faced Cindarella's Fairy Godmother who charmed me the most beautiful dress ever. (Thank you!) Because it still will be cold at nights on the party time I need something to cover my shoulders. I ended up to a tiny yarn shop where the ladies recommended me 3 different options. One is Italian Adriafil's Intrigo Trends yarn (65% acrylic and 35% cotton, black and white), the other is Norwegian ASA Gjestal Spinneri's Elegante yarn (70% viscose, 13% cotton, 13% acrylic, 2% polyester and 2% polyamide, black and silver) and the third one is German Austermann's Kid Silk (75% kid mohair and 25% silk, black). I bought one ball of each to knit a bit and try out how they all look with the dress.

I must confess I ended up to Austermann's yarn. Kid Silk unfortunately is expencive. 25g ball of it cost double than 50g ball of Intrigo trends or 50g ball of Elegante. But I must tell you the truth, Kid Silk looks something the Elegante express. The fine luxury shine caused by the silk is glorious and fits perfect to the fabric the dress has. I am trying to comfort myself and repeating deep in my mind "It will last forever".

I have already designed the knit. Now I just need to start it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...