Friday 31 May 2024

Slash&Burn

In 2024 I encourage you to read specific genres of literature. May 2024 theme is folklore. Typical to folklore -like to fables- is that the story depends on the speaker/performer but the basic idea stays the same. Folklore can also be -for example- a dance performance.

I love folklore. For the challenge I read a familiar Finnish folklore about it how Bear, Wolf and Fox start to slash and burn. Method slash and burn is typical for Forest Finns and origins to Finland farming culture. In this folklore the animals -as usual- observe humans and sometimes learn and repeat the action. 

During this challenge I realized that the fable and folklore as I know them in my culture are so close to each other that it is sometimes very difficult to differ the genres. It is all up to the animals and nature: the characters of the animals, phenomenons, lessons of life etc. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...