Sunday 28 April 2024

SpringTrip

Yesterday we made the first cycling adventure for this spring. We biked 24 km. The final target was this small fishing harbor nearby. Immediately when I saw it I knew I need to make a pic of it for you. It was 27.4.2024 and +3 C. My sea Gulf of Bothnia is still frozen.

I still have my old bike which is not buried in snow anymore. Also this spring he dig it up, like many springs before. Last summer I had it serviced and fixed. Its basket really grew moss and lichen when I took it to service and was a bit upset when it was return without. They had washed away the whole small ecosystem of my bike! My red bike was customized for me by a professional bike seller so it has been perfect mostly because of that. None has similar. But, it is actually 27 years old. It still works well and is perfect for me. Past few years I have been seeking a new bike for me because at the end it is 27 years old and I fear it might get broken forever some day in the future. 

Finding a bike for a small adult person like me is not easy when you cycle in extreme climate and off roads. I have already been in few shops where they professionally sell bikes but now I visited Keinänen for the first time ever despite it has been there for years, since 1978. I can tell this was not the last time I was there. 

I have been looking for a new bike for few years but have not bought because I never found a good match for me. They never understood my needs until now. I was serviced by a young man. I had something in my mind and went to see if they had it because it is a very big shop in my perspective. They had the bike but when he heard my needs he said I do can buy that bike but he recommends me something else. It is more expensive but better for my needs. He told the one I was interested in is actually designed for city purposes and because of comfortable cycling I should consider a trekking bike. I claim they are too big for me but he said he has one small & low adult trekking bike in the shop. So, we took a look at it. Yep, only one, but I don't need more.

Here it is! It is Haibike Trekking 4 low & size small. It is not red (like I secretly dreamed) but it has a red lock so I see it in dark and find easily if I drop it in the woods (or snow). It is eBike and never before cycling in uphills with him (behind him and trying to catch him) has felt this easy. It is perfect size for a small adult like me despite it has 27,5" wheels. The frame itself is designed for short persons. For little people like me I recommend not to fasten anything in the frame except the lock like it is fastened for me. Otherwise and for other purposes use the back of the bike to fasten and carry things. Otherwise it makes it again more difficult to get on and off. I never dared to order a bike online because as a small person I need to test it before buying. If you are my size (159 cm) and need a bike for your adventures Haibike Trekking 4 low and size S is perfect for yours size (or anything else you find to match its measures). Yesterday I mostly used asphalt roads in +3C weather and it worked just fine. I cycled 24 km and the journey hardly impact on the battery. 

I don't get any financial (material or immaterial) benefit for advertising this (or anything else). Only the joy of sharing this with you and the ones who have similar problem than I did: hard to find a bike for a small person for challenging use. This is actually job bike so my employer charges every moth a small amount of money from my paycheck until it is paid. Before that it is a leasing bike, not actually my own. I save the taxes and interest compared to it if I had to take a loan to buy it. I recommend a job bike for everyone who has a change to grab on that benefit. Cycling is a good way to get familiar with surrounding area and nature, it is a good exercise also for overweight person or the ones with arthritis etc. Also, it makes good to your mental health. 

Remember to wear a helmet every time when cycling! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...