Wednesday 29 May 2019

CardWeaving

I had an interesting gift. It is a weaving kit. Card weaving kit. Believe me or not but despite studying full time 4½ years of cloth and textile designing I never heard about this kind of weaving. This is JukoDesigns.


I didn't know what to expect.

I was quite surprised when I saw inside.

It included it all; also very easy & pictured instructions.

So I weaved it all like advised. It was very easy but extremely interesting.

When I was at top part I got quite excited... and worried.

I needed to loose the fabric from the card. Loosing rugs from MyLoom has never felt this worrying! I guess it is what you are used to! Here I didn't need to cut anything.

Then I just had to pull it off...

...and secure the ends.

I found the inside more neat so I turn it (extremely gently) upside down.

It is going to be a hand bag. I will sew also a lining for it. You will see the result some day. I love the shade and I have matching scarf and hat.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...