Friday 25 May 2018

ArcticGarden

I told you earlier about our records with the snow. It has turn out that despite we had hard and very snowy winter, the spring wants to make a great surprise. It seems we are going to have the warmest May than ever before during the history they have been recording & measuring it all. This pic is taken on the 14th of May.

On the 17th of May I was on a walk with Nuka. It was hot (+17 Celsius degrees) but we still found some snow in the woods.

My HoneyBerries started to blossom today. In UK -for example- the flowering time is late winter or early spring. In MyGarden it is late spring or early summer.

I have always claimed that MyGarden is the coldest of the area. What comes to Finland's climate zones it is mostly subarctic / boreal. But Finland is a long country and many local zones fit in. In practical that means that the garden of my mother-in-law locates just 350 meters far away and it is a lot warmer than mine.

This OldHouse was built on 40's. The OldLady of the House seemed to love gardening like I do. But after Her and before Me the garden run wild. Most of these years we have lived here I've been weeding and cleaning the garden. I have been keeping plants that have pop out. Finally after 9 years I know now what this flower on the pic above and below is. It is a clear proof of it that MyGarden is cold. It is RoseRoot!!! WOW!!! It grows in northemost & coldest areas of Finland... and obviously in MyGarden where it loves to stay by the warmest SouthSideWalls!!!!

Beautiful Primulas have been flowering for a week now! Usually it all happens slow but now it seems everything in the nature happens at the same time. Never before I have been weeding in May. Now I've done it already twice! It is very hard to believe that still 20 days ago the sea was still frozen.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...