Wednesday 11 May 2016

Anne of Green Gables

Yes I know. I am a bit obsessed with my sewing machines. But they are so important to me! I can not live without them. Last March before Easter I got my 1st ever treadle sewing machine. We call Her Vihervaaran Anna (Anne of Green Gables).

She is very Swedish Girl and She is finally back home!!!!! I made Her a proper bath (not literally) and pampered Her a lot. I placed Her on MyVeranda where She can see MyGarden and hear the wind that comes from the sea and brings greetings from Sweden which locates at the opposite shore not too far away. I told Her She is very special treadle sewing machine. She is from late 50's, has electric lights but still is a treadle sewing machine! She is Husqvarna automatic 51A.

I had never before tried out a treadle sewing machine. It works better when you tread Her like this; one foot front and one foot back. When you make sure the hand wheel goes all the time to the right direction (towards you) it all goes very well.

I thought it would have been more difficult and I had arranged the whole afternoon to spent with Anne. Perhaps She liked my loving whispers and made me to learn it all very fast. The next plan is to get used to Her. My craft & art teacher told me the 1st thing you sew with your new machine is the hood to keep the dust away. Well, Anne doesn't need the hood because She has this old fashion cabinet. Instead Her guide book has faced several distress during all these years. I will make a bag for her guide book!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...